What is this course about?
This is a CPD-accredited online course that will give you a good understanding of assertive communication and the practical techniques that you need to develop assertiveness skills and become more self- confident as a woman.
Who is this course for?
This course is for any woman who:
- Struggles to set boundaries and/or say no to others.
- Wants to improve their communication in personal and professional relationships.
- Wants to learn more about different communication styles.
- Wants to increase her self-respect and self-esteem.
What is the aim of this course?
This course will Help you to:
- Identify what assertive communication is and is not.
- Reflect on how being assertive can benefit you.
- Help you set personal assertiveness goals.
- Understand four main communication styles ,namely, Passive, assertive, passive – aggressive and aggressive
- Identify the difference between verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Learn and practice assertive communication techniques.
- How to project confidence
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Define assertive communication
- Understand how assertive communication benefits you
- Set personal assertiveness goals.
- Identify different communication styles and which one you use most often.
- Identify the beliefs that block your ability to communicate assertively and reframe those beliefs.
- Techniques on appearing confident
- Recognise and practice key verbal assertiveness skills.
- Know where to access further learning related to assertiveness communication
This is an approximately 12 hour online course. The navigation is reasonably straightforward. The course is set out as modules with different sections and the timings are indicated for each one. There is a good balance of text and visuals. At the end there is a quiz to test knowledge acquired, and also an evaluation section to be completed. Once you have passed the test, you will automatically be issued a certificate which you can then print out or download and save.
Topics to be covered:
-What is assertive communication?
This involves a general overview of what assertive communication is , and why and how it is beneficial.
You will look closely at the 4 main communication styles and be able to identify which ones you use most often.
- Limiting Beliefs
You will understand how beliefs can affect your behaviour, and how to reframe beliefs that stop you from communicating assertively.
- Key assertiveness Techniques
You will learn about the major verbal assertiveness techniques with an opportunity to practice them.
- Projecting Confidence
You will look closely at assertive non-verbal communication with tips on projecting yourself with confidence.
- Moving Forward
You will have access to additional resources for further learning.